> I pulled out my copy of BSN this week after reading all of these
posts...the
> only disc that I had of the album is one of the limited edition ones.  I
> haven't played it in at least six months, and the entire disc (which
started
> to crack soon after I bought it) has cracked nearly in two.    I seem to
remember others
> having trouble...

The way that disk was packaged was incredibly stupid.  The box was nice &
the whole idea was a good one.  But they overlooked one little detail.  The
cds were not properly anchored inside the boxes.  So they came loose & moved
around.  Most of them were scratched all to hell & back again by the time
anyone bought them.  The result was that they wouldn't play properly.  They
would skip or get to a point & not play at all.  I had to send one back to
CDNow & get a replacement.  I was lucky.  The second one played fine.
However, when I sent one to my friend Melanie for her birthday, the cd was
once again unplayable.  Finally CDNow was nice enough to let Mel keep the
box & all the goodies inside it and they sent her a regular jewel case
edition of the actual cd for no extra charge.

Doing an early Joni retrospective tonight.  Have listened to STAS & Clouds.

np:  Morning Morgantown - just started LOTC

Mark E in wet & windy Shoreline