Hi Bob -

Yes, the video was shot at the Santa Barbara County Bowl.
However, sometimes I wish it had been shot at one of the indoor venues.
I saw that tour a couple of days earlier at the Civic Auditorium in SF,
and the lighting was incredible. Very tasteful and imaginative use of
lights... pulsing, alternating red and white during the part of "Edith"
when she sings "The band sounds like typewriters", and then back to normal
after that section... and the end of "Woodstock", as Joni walked off and
continued strumming long after she left the stage, a pattern of red roses
(shone from directly overhead, from a gobo) slowly came up on the spot she
had been standing, and then faded when she finally stopped playing. Very
sublime. Ah, if it had been shot with modern equipment! Still, it is a
nice document of that time.
I finally got a chance to go to a show at the Bowl a couple of years ago.
Neil Young with his Friends & Relatives band. Great show, and a great venue.
Relatively small for an outdoor amphitheatre (3,000), and very rustic.
Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges were sitting right in frony of us, and at
the conclusion of an amazing version of "All Along The Watchtower", Spacey
turned around and high-fived me! Caught up in the exhiliration of the moment
like the rest of us.
Anyway, if you ever get a chance to see a show there, by all means, go!

Russ