Hope you are having a very happy birthday, Mark!!

I found the comments on Car On a Hill interesting.  Just like I always
thought until learning recently that Song to a Seagull was *supposed* to
sound that way, I always thought Car was supposed to sound the way it does,
too. The static-y, muffled backround noise sounds to me exactly like the
ambient background sounds of traffic in L.A. The horn section sounds a
little like people hitting their car horns.  The static and the slight drop
outs also remind me of the sounds of a car radio, especially when one is
driving through the canyons and experiencing an intermittent signal.  It
adds to the sense of the lover being slightly removed and disconnected, down
the hill, but traveling towards Joni as she sings.

Kakki

NP:  Court and Spark