Dear Joni Lovers:

I found Mike's post very timely because his thoughts are exactly what I
having been discussing off list with several people for the last couple of
months.

I'll start by pointing out what I think are the differences here than the
world at large......  (or some ways not an exact microcosm )

1.  Colorful,wacky,shameless,people...and I don't mean these adjectives
pejoratively at all.  I get here where I can get it nowhere else: that is, a
little different take on life,sometimes to the absurd,but I like that.

2.  This goes without saying,but the shear love and appreciation of Joni.
Everyone here understands.....I still find this so incredible.

(I can write FTR or Siquomb or" you know there maybe more" and people here
know instantly what you are referring to.  This is truly wonderful!!)

3.  I find people here particularly generous.  Maybe a tad more than outside
of here.  Of course, this could be because of their enthusiasm of wanting to
share there little corner of Joni.

4.  People here are more in the know,up to date,if you will.  Oh yeah,the
erudite posts.  Especially the the ones containing thoughts on music.  I am
so ignorant when it comes to music theory/structure etc..  And I feel
sometimes I am getting lessons and how lucky.....I'm not paying a dime.
(I print many of these posts out and I share them with people outside of
here....oh and some of the funny ones too.  The Sunset Boulevard  post comes
to mind. )

And you know there maybe more.....

BUT, BUT!!   (you knew this was coming)

1.  I find the political correctness here runs rampant at times.  And people
just dive on statements,that I will overlook because I know that the person
was not quite as succinct as they should have been.

(Do you think if someone were a true racist they would share this with the
JMDL?  I don't think so!!  And a true racist, I would gamble, would not be
here to begin with. )

2.  I was asked when I first joined, how I could possibly be a Joni fan when
I was so far to the right on the political spectrum.  ( this was off list)
I still don't know why I was even asked such a question. (Here is your
answer...........BECAUSE I LOVE HER FRIGGIN MUSIC!!!)

3.  Several months ago there was a concern brought up by a lister and her
post for the most part was completely ignored.  Her post was very heartfelt
and I thought had some legitimate grievances.  But it was summarily
dismissed,case closed..and that was it!!  Her post involved two separate
issues one which did involve a legal question.  But her other concerns were
completely ignored.

4.  At times, I have been so disappointed and disillusioned just like I am
outside of the list.  But my whole world was shaken for a hile.....and so
everything was tainted.  And most of my disillusionment did not involve the
list in general.

BUT........even at times you know you want to leave it.....you know you
would miss it.....and you stay.....

Bree