flopit wrote:

> I just got back from leave (50+ digests to
> catch up on!!) while i was away i picked up my first ever delaney &
> bonney cd "home"at a 2nd hand cd shop. the name rang a bell from i dont
> know where; when i looked at the musicians - duck dunn, steve
> cropper, booker t jones, i just had to give it a try - really, really
> good!!! (tho "piece of my heart" just cant live up to the standard janis
> set...)

D&B did hang out in that musical set, and it was a treat when she had a
recurring guest role on Roseanne, althought I think she only sang once.

I saw Bonnie sing Piece of My Heart on the one and only Blind Faith tour, and
Bonnie gave it a great shot, but as you say, neither she nor anyone could live
up to the way Janis sang it. Whether because of the Janis Joplin connection or
because my date thought Bonnie nailed it (one reason we broke up, she was not
faithful to Janis Joplin!), that is the only song that I remember of Delaney
and Bonnie's set.

(the Rev) Vince

NP: White Sox at Anaheim, and game still not going well but Frank Thomas is at
bat, hit it, Big Hurt!