> As far as what music I want played at my funeral,
that's a good thread.

Well.... I think it's a bit much for most to
contemplate. My own burial instructions indicate that
I'd like "Simple Gifts" to be played. That's all I've
specified in writing. (Oddly enough, when I went to
sign my will, Copland's "Appalachain Spring" was
playing on the radio in the lawyer's office. It uses
the melody of Simple Gifts as one of its themes. Pretty
spooky, eh?)

Sally Barker's "Another Train" and Cindy Kallet's "Tide
and the River Rising" are also good choices for me.
Oddly enough, no Joni. Although I love her music, none
of it is 'homespun' enough for my funeral.
There's probably some Cheryl Wheeler and maybe some
Nanci Griffith that would be appropriate too...

Mostly, I guess I'd like to have the sounds of
chickadees, white throated sparrows, cardinals,
red-winged blackbirds, and finches. These are the
sounds that make me happiest in the world. Even if I
couldn't have music, if I couldn't have birds (yes, I
know a lot of you complained about birds in a recent
thread) I'd go mad. I even have a collection of CDs
with music intertwined with birds singing.

lots of love
Anne

NP: some chipping sparrows at the feeder