Well Kate, i've never heard or even heard of Chris Stills but i have long
loved Rufus
Wainwright.  He is an acquired taste i must admit, and i have found that my
family finds Rufus' voice infinitely more infuriating than even the smashing
pumpkins or radiohead!
  It took me a while to
get into his first album when it was released but then all of a sudden BOOM
got it; i havn't looked back since!  I listened to it non stop for quite a
prolonged period.
  He is quite amazing.  His second album in many ways surpasses his often
brilliant debut.
 As far as i recall he is a fan of Joni's too:)  (that always helps)  and
there are some fans on the list- stand up Jerry Notaro and Catherine McKay.
I havn't listened to him for a few months; must get those cd's out.  and
maybe i'll look up Stills at some point, if possible, you sound impressed.
GARRET
np- Joni, Paprika Plains