The concept of the National Review being objective is as humorous as
thinking Mother Jones is objective.  One has a organic slant to the far
right and the other has an organic slant to the far left.  Please,
William Buckley Jr. founded the National Review for one purpose, and it
fulfills that purpose admirably, to be a mouthpiece of conservative
Republican apologetics.  I am well familiar with the publication.  There
is nothing wrong with it being a partisan magazine; that has a place in
the national discourse.  But it is not objective, was never meant to be,
and it isn't.

As for Bush, Cheney, and the corporate inside traders: when your best
campaign contributor and key insider in the circle is Kenneth Lay of
Enron and you are in the oil busiiness and the sleazy ethics of the
giant corporations is being revealed (oops, there was a 4 billion dollar
mistake in our reports) and the campaign was based on "restoring
integrity" you can be sure that Bush will be judged by the same measure
with which he judged others.  It also takes a lot of gall to propose
criminalizing behavior that Bush himself admittedly engaged in, no
matter how Ari Fleischer tried to spin that today.  In the end, the
politics you take is equal to the politics you make.  After all that was
made over Whitewater, do you think honestly this is going to go away?

If you go back in the archives far enough, you will find that I
suggested in early 2000 that the only Republican who could cleanly run
for the presidency was McCain.  That still holds.  My original choice
for the Democrats was Bradley.  Gore beat out Bradley legitimately while
Bush used some incredible hatchet techniques on McCain in Michigan and
South Carolina.  And who funded those attacks on McCain? A lot of Bush's
former business partners in the oil business.  The chickens are coming
home to roost, as they always do.

Bush and Cheney are big boys.  We shall now see them take what they
dished out.  That is a part of life.

Vince