the woefully music imparied Eminem loving Vince wrote:

> **I'd argue that Em only rhymes "yo" with "ho" once, but since it is in a
> refrain, it gets repeated a bit.**

And the King of Kovers, Bob of many musical genres responds:

> And you'd win the argument...I guess my underlying thought was "if the guy
> can come up with such clever insightful and sometimes LOL stuff, why lower
> the standard with that kind of couplet?

And back to Vince, who of course is NP The Eminem Show" now on track 7,
Soldier...

Bob, I am glad that you not only noted the clever insights but as well the LOL
stuff - I can't help it, but the guy cracks me up, some of his lines just make
me laugh out loud no matter how many times I hear them.  I think this is the
funniest album I own   Eminem's sense of humor is woefully overlooked, except by
you.  Can you imagine if the guy were in Firesign Theatre?  Give him the line,
"how can you be two places at once when you aren't anywhere" and think of what
he'd do with it!

I suppose I'll have to give up this thread at some point, Bob, since everyone
else is ignoring me (us? no, me and Em) - but I do note that I am awaiting my
Lyric Opera tickets (wonder if I can wear my Eminem shirt to the opera?); one of
the operas I will be seeing this season is Die Walkure, one of Wagner's Ring
Cycle where Wagner, who wrote his own librettos, wrote that famous Walkure
line,  the rhyming "Ho Yo To."   ("to" is pronounced "tow" for the rhyme.)

If you don't have the opera on cd, check it out on Apocalypse Now, the famous
"smell of napalm in the morning" scene, the helicopters are playing Flight of
the Walkure and it begins with the cry, Ho! Yo! To!, repeated maybe 6 or 8 or
something times, I'll count them when I see the Lyric production.

Gees, you know, if Lynn Cheney and Jospeh Lieberman and Tipper Gore ever read
the libreto of the.Ring Cycle, they'd have to have more congressional hearings
on violence in music!  The incest!  The bestiality! The violence!  Eminem is a
paragon of virture, a virtual choirboy, when you lay his stuff next to the stuff
of classical music.  At least Em will admit that "the smartest shit that I ever
done was take the bullet out of the gun."  You take the bullet out of the gun in
opera, and you have no opera!

Vince
NP by now on Feels So Empty Without Me