Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:56:03 -0700
From: "Bree Mcdonough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Michelle Mayfield-homophobic? njc

(I just reread this)

Look...I don't know how much public affection went on where she was
performing? ** But personally, I do not like to see this...it belongs at
home. Be it homosexual or heterosexual.  Homophobic?  Naw....she just wants
her cake and eat it too.  (like all of us) I see her guilty of chasing a
dream...she sees that dream being jeopardized....she sees her self more
diverse....she wants more than just a gay following.(some perfomers
don't.....bless Holly Near)  SHE sees this $$ evading her.  AND for her
artistry, she wants it to appeal to the masses.  But to label her a
homophobe...well the situation is way too layered than that.  That is too
easy!!!   She took a gamble that her fan base would understand and her
friends....SHE LOST.  The only thing I see her guilty of, like I said
before...she wimped out.....and is a tad bit dishonest.

*holding hands, hugging, this IS NOT what I'm referring to here

Bree

NW: Joy Luck Club

>From: "Lori in MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Bree Mcdonough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Michelle Mayfield-homophobic? njc
>Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:10:42 -0700
>
> > Dodging donuts here....I'm not so sure she is a homophobe
> > or just a plain wimp.
>
>Regardless of your sexual orientation, if you make comments like
>Mayfield's, you may or may not be a wimp, but you are definitely a
>homophobe.  Period.
>
>Lori

I wonder what we would say if she said this about all Black patrons?

Would you say " I'm not so certain she is racist though she could very
well be. Definitely shallow and self-absorbed and in my opinion
incredibly stupid."

Not a homophobe?  Huh????

I'm with Lori on this one.