Ciao joniphiles,

     Speaking of covers, I was at a friend's house for dinner Saturday night
and they were playing a CD with all stuff from the 70's - the CD you buy
from the infomercial. A cover of "Woodstock" came on by "Matthew's Southern
Comfort" or some name like that - it was the worst piece of junk I have
heard in a long time - I wanted to smash the CD.

     Speaking of "The Last Waltz", I saw it on tv for the first time about a
month ago. I thought joni's version of Coyote was terrific, better than the
album. Even my older brother was impressed - although he thought Joni was
"Melanie" until I straightened him out. I told him comparing Melanie to Joni
was like comparing a Yugo to a Bentley - he got the message. Ciao, dave.