>      Speaking of covers, I was at a friend's house for dinner Saturday
>night
>and they were playing a CD with all stuff from the 70's - the CD you buy
>from the infomercial. A cover of "Woodstock" came on by "Matthew's Southern
>Comfort" or some name like that - it was the worst piece of junk I have
>heard in a long time - I wanted to smash the CD.

Yeah I heard that version before I even knew who Joni Mitchell was (what a
thought). Didn't think much of it at all and still don't. LOTC version is
the definitive for me but Eva Casidy's version sounds nice. I like the
guitar.

>      Speaking of "The Last Waltz", I saw it on tv for the first time about
>month ago. I thought joni's version of Coyote was terrific, better than the
>album. Even my older brother was impressed - although he thought Joni was
>"Melanie" until I straightened him out. I told him comparing Melanie to
>Joni
>was like comparing a Yugo to a Bentley - he got the message. Ciao, dave.

Yeah, I said to my friend at work that I like Joni Mitchell and the first
thing he said to me was 'have you heard of Melanie?'. I hadn't so he played
me a record. The first thing I did was laugh. I now like a few songs by her
('Tuning My Guitar' and 'Babe Rainbow') but no she isn't quite in the same
league. LOL.

Steve T.

NP: 'Talula' Tori Amos (Not that horrible re-mix!)