Kerry writes:

<< I'm not sure she's really bashing lesbians.  She's just saying that people
want to call you a lesbian if you have a low voice.  It was just a weird
comment. >>

Weird is right. With her romantic past, Joni is about the last woman in the
world who should be concerned about being called a lesbian. But the fact that
she *is* concerned is what I find troubling. To me she sounds as small minded
as she often makes Myrtle out to be. In her defense, though, it would have
been helpful to see and hear her say this comment. God knows I wouldn't want
to be judged by my words in print!

    --Bob