[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> Can you give us a little more details?  Is it entirely like BSN, or does she
> get a little more experimental with the orchestra?  Any stand out cuts from
> your perspective?
>
> While I like BSN, I will be a little disappointed if she didn't kick it up a
> notch with this one.

No notch has been kicked up. In fact, there is a sameness to all the tracks.
The orchestra boxes her in, too confining, it does not free her. When Joni is
in control of her accompanying music, there is magic between her two
instruments. But that is just my opinion. On the plus side, there is Joni
singing her songs, and the recording is engineered beyond perfection.
Audiophiles, take note. There is a sure Grammy nomination for the recording.

Hits:
You Dream Flat Tires
Judgement of the Moon and Stars
For the Roses
Sex Kills
Refuge of the Roads
Borderline
Circle Game
Dawntreader
The Last Time I Saw Richard

Near Hits:

Love
Sire of Sorrow
Trouble Child
Hejira
Chinese Cafe/ Unchained Melody

Misses:
Otis and Marlena
God Must Be a Boogie Man
Be Cool
Just Like This Train
Cherokee Louise
Borderline

Big Misses:
Amelia
Woodstock
Slouching Towards Bethlehem

Again, I am only giving my opinion in comparison to Joni's original recordings
and subsequent performances of these songs.