This is romantic and heart warming-and only true for the minority of people.
I tooo remeber my childhood wel. I recall being able to play out anywhere.
Making my own entertainment, not having tv, reading, real home cooking. I also
recall race violence, teachers who were peodophiles, parents who thought their
children were punchbags, rwally poor people in my neighborhood, people dying
thru lack of medical care/knowledge, people hiding themselves, not ebing able
to be who they were, and any number of negative stuff as well.

Today is far better than yesterday. Do we really wnat to go back to all that
ignorance?
Yes some things appear to be worse today. However, we also have much much more
info.
A man farts in China and it is on BBC News 24. In the past we wouldn't have
known. And untold horros took place.