In a message dated 11/12/2002 12:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> am i the only one who liked "taming the tiger"?
> i found it rich and textured
> with at least half a dozen good songs.

There are a bunch of us that like it, Walt. "Harlem in Havana" is my favorite of her
90's songs. Except for "No Apologies" & "Lead Balloon" which sound forced and
unfocused, the songs are up to her standard. I love the way she touches on her current
'mature' relationships in songs like "Facelift".(And wish she would explore some of
these themes more with some new songs). I DO wish she had played some of it on
acoustic, or piano, or at least experimented more with the settings on the VG8.
Because of her strumming/picking style, too many of the songs sound too similar, of
course this takes nothing away from them lyrically or compositionally.

> yes i realize madonna is dumb as dirt

She's "dumb" like a fox! Joni should have a tenth of her marketing savvy. I own no
Madonna records, but you HAVE to admire the fact that she's defiantly lasted as long
as she has in an industry that FORCES it's hitmakers to be disposable. She's a master
of controlling the media.

> (and i wonder why joni was never on?)

I wonder that myself...it just must have never worked out. Joni has made some
spontaneous NY appearances over the years, and all you need for SNL is 2 songs! Who
knows, maybe an SNL appearance is yet to come!

Bob

NP: The Beatles, "It's All Too Much"