I don't know anything about 'Xzibit, Dre, Naz, Obie, Trice, De La Soul,
KRS-One, Mos Def, Kweli, Black Thought, Aceyalone, Mystikal or even Common'. I
HAVE heard of Gil Scott-Heron, mostly because his grandfather played in goal
for Glasgow Celtic. I like his stuff, although I can't remember the name of
the album, the one with 'the revolution will not be televised', re-rons,
Johannesburg, the bottle etc. Nevertheless I am enjoying the thread very much
because it's really wonderful to read the duelling titans, Vince and Julius,
using the English language as it should be used, with wonderful clarity,
rhetoric, evidence, argument and lucidity. Not interested in the music but I
hope this thread goes on and on. Seconds out, round two...
mike in bcn
NPIMH - Gil S-H 'the revolution will not be televised, the revolution will be
LIVE'