"It seems to me that the difference between a boring and a non-boring music
delivery has to do with where the beat is in relation to the rest.  And
isn't that also the definition of
swing/groove?  I can't express clearly concepts I don't master, but in
essence this would mean that without a heartbeat music is "dead"."

laruent, i see what you are saying...far as i know swing describes jazz &
groove describes a bunch of other genres...anyway my original point was that
the reviewer was disappointed that joni's songs did not swing which i
thought was silly because i would not expect that of a full orchestra
arrangement...