Bob wrote:

> Well, it may "ouch" but you can tell that the guy really loves Joni &
> is familiar with her entire body of work, not just C&S. Referencing
> PWWAM is a dead giveaway to that. As much as the RS critic didn't do
> his homework, this writer did.

Yes, I'll have to agree that Matthew Gilbert is a fan and did do his
homework.

Joseph wrote:

> In short I enjoyed his piece and even if he intended to make the
> review negative, its quite obvious that his regard for Joni has not
> diminished.

And I truly appreciate that, and the review is definitely well
written.  But I'm still having a bit of trouble with it.  I think
T'log -- or at least the cuts I've heard so far, since I don't yet HAVE
the CDs -- is gorgeous and lush and oh, just all of that.  Better than
BSN in many ways.  It's as if Joni determined what should REALLY be
considered (at least some of) her greatest songs, and instead of
repackaging them "as was" she chose to give us the gift of hearing them
the way SHE thinks they ought to be heard today.

It's not that I think Joni is flawless.  I have my least favorites,
too:  CMIAR and TTT are rarely heard in my house or car.  But I have a
strong feeling that I'll listen to T'log again and again and again.
Sure, I would have preferred all new material.  However, Joni took a
lot of time recording this album, and I think it will earn its place my
list of favorites.

Lori

~