> Ron wrote:
> i nearly fell of my bike recently. coming home from work & theres a
> sign on a lamppost in my street advertising a local appearance by ravi
> shankar. unfortunately there was no mention of music (or his daughter) it
> all seemed to be about yoga/meditation/religion so shallow me didnt bother
> didnt bother...

Well, I did get to see Ravi in concert once.  ZZZZZZzzzzzzz!  Oh what was I saying?  I
saw him on
George Harrison's first solo tour in America ... back in the late 70's?  I love the
sound of a
sitar but he so dominated the show I was a bit bored.  George pretty much gave him a
huge chunk of
the show.  I won't be running to see him any time soon either .... but his daughter on
the other
hand - yes I'm running!

>  In reference to Tanita Tikaram, Ron wrote:
> she brought out a great debut, followed it up with a whole string of
> consistently good album (personal faourite of mine is "eleven kinds of
> loneliness" where she sings with what sounds almost like a speech
> impediment and does some stunning songs like "heal you" & "to drink the
> rainbow". an artist worth listening to if youre into intelligent, self
> written lyrics, unusual & beautiful vocals, and original, individual
> arrangements - gee - wonder if theres anyone here that likes that kind of
> music :-)

Well I did know she put out one or two others, but I never heard one cut on the radio
or saw any
promotion at all.  Now my best friend, who has a pretty good music collection, tells
me she has
one or two of her follow-ups.  So Thanksgiving I will be confiscating those while she
is cooking!
Hell she still has my roasting pan from about 12 Thanksgivings ago!

I love the the title of that one song you mentioned - "To Drink the Rainbow."

I seem to recall comparisons to Joni, as far as writing and insight, when her debut
came out.  And
I recall Joni being listed as one of her mentors.  By the way, she was only 19 when
"Ancient
Hearts" debuted.  I couldn't believe she was so young.

> just stay clear of her latest, dreadful, "cappucino songs"...

I doubt I could find it anyway! Thanks for the update Ron.

Peace,
Susan

NP: Tanita Tikaram/He Likes The Sun
http://mailplus.yahoo.com