>From the creator of a now-defunct Bjork tribute album: why he stopped the project. I
>can see how this might pertain to 'A Case of Joni'...but hope it doesn't!

"Ask any reviewer and I think they'll tell you: tribute albums are the lowest life
form of music there is. Imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery when it comes
to popular music. Unless the artist performing the cover is more renowned than the
original songwriter it is at first glance suspect, cavalier, and disingenuous. After
making the decision to commission songs from musicians in the community of
indiepop/rock I started to get cold feet."

Andrew