Look at the cover of T'log. Is that cigarette smoke?

Look at the pics in BSN. Smoke play a role there?

Joni has herself made that a part of her persona just as much as Michael Jordan's tongue hanging out when he went for a shot was a part of his. So Jordan's statue in Chicago has his tongue hanging out.

No one is suggesting that Joni's statue have a cigarette dangling from her mouth, but an artist can work it in, the presence of an object that is essential to Joni's self image and persona.

We need to stop looking at this is a moral or aesthetics issue. The woman has made smoking such a part of her life, it is in very interview, every comment, everything about her. And I sincerely doubt that when a child sees the statue they are going to say, aha, I will smoke too! I think other factors will be far more important there -

And has anyone gone to American Spirits and asked for them to underwrite a part of the cost????

Vince