From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 8:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: joni's smoking

I do no think such emphasis should be placed on the whole to smoke or not to
smoke thing.  We all know that Joni is a hard core, dedicated smoker.  And
I'm sure no one is really happy about that but it simply is the way it is.
However, the statue is not going to be erected because she is a great smoker
but because she is a great artist.  So I think the emphasis should be on
that.  Joni cannot smoke while she's playing guitar.  At least she never did
when I saw her in concert. So if the statue includes playing the guitar,
problem solved.  She can have a pack in her pocket, if need be.  I
definitely
don't think the statue should actually be SMOKING.  That's just hilariously
absurd.