It's hard to watch someone with lung damage.  My
mother smoked for about 50 years and has copd.  She
can only get meds so often or she will "develop a
resistance", which of course means she'll become
temporarily be unable to breath for an hour or so and
could die from any one of those episodes.

After trying to get her to stop for about 20 years,
there's no satisfaction in seeing that I was right.

Lama

http://mailplus.yahoo.com