In a message dated 12/07/2002 12:53:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> See what you think of my track listing...

It's certainly a fine list...always tough for me to think objectively about
lists like that though, because Joni's got so many great songs it would fill
up about 20 cd's - matter of fact they do! :~)

How about "I Think I Understand"? That's one of my favorites, an absolutely
beautiful song with a strong lyric, and seems to "omitted" most of the time.
"Today I am not prey to dark uncertainty..." wow, one of the most
faith-inducing lines out there.

Much like "The Dawntreader" is rendered so nicely on T'log, I would have
liked to see more of these older songs be more fleshed out as well. Fiddle &
The Drum is of course brilliant as acapella and perhaps most effective in
that style, but it would also work with some orchestration. I listened to
Clouds yesterday, and it always strikes me how good those songs are (Roses
Blue & Songs to Aging Children being the exceptions for me, I think) but some
are in such a stark "frame" they could be better appreciated in a more ornate
fashion. Christine Sullivan's cover of "I Think I Understand" proves me right
I would say.

Bob, still without power at In-law's house...

NP: Blue Mountain, "Wicked Ways" 11.24.00