Walt, what they said in the guide book is true - Saskatoon IS the sunniest province in Canada. We have beautiful sunny days all throughout winter, unlike for example British Columbia which is overcast and much more like England in terms of climate. Like today, when you look out your window (and don't look at the ground), it looks like it could be mid summer, but in fact it's minus 5C and there's thick snow everywhere. It's a good place to live if you're thinking of moving to Canada, so long as you can stand the cold. If you're an active, outdoor person, Saskatoon is probably not for you because the winters are long. But if you're not, then it's a lovely town to live in. House prices are low and people are incredibly friendly, honest and straightforward. There are more coffee houses and restaurants here than I've ever seen in a small town, and people use them, so there's always somewhere lively to go. And we apparently have the most used (relative to population) public library in North America, which says good things about the people here. Another nice place to move to would be Victoria, or anywhere along the Okanagan in BC - fabulous peaches!

Sarah