Wally, you're right about the mosquitoes - horrendous in summer. And grasshoppers too this year. They don't bite, but it's weird to see your entire front door black with them. But if you like long winters, then this is your town. The first winter I spent here lasted from October until mid-June. It was unbelievable. Snow in June. I was in despair. :-)

Sarah

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:32:53 -0300
From: "Wally Kairuz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Song of Sunny Saskatoon (njc)

it sounds like my kind of town! the only thing is... aren't mosquitoes
fierce in the summer. i heard such horror stories!
i like my winters VERY long, my daylight hours VERY short and my ground
frozen SOLID. the only thing that disappointed me about vancouver was that
winter is exactly the same as in buenos aires! i yearn for subzero weather,
especially now. it's summer here. humid, oppressive, 60 million daylight
hours a day, mosquitoes the size of helicopters. peaches are good this time
of year, though.
i'll be really really really good in this life so that next time i'll
reincarnate in iceland or the ottawa valley or greenland or maybe saskatoon.
wallyK