Actually, about half of their songs are mellow. They are just not the
ones that get played (or did) on the radio. Are you familiar with their
side project called the Lovemongers? They formed a group with friends
and played mostly benefit shows around Seattle. They released 2 cds one
of which is a lovely Xmas project (and I am usually not "into" Xmas
music. I agree with you that Dreamboat Annie is a great song. I love
Ann's flute playing on that one.
Mary