Well, Hell, I guess we when all get bored we can pretend Mingus or DED just
came out and really go at it ;-)

Simply put, opinions are opinions ...or are they?  Let's see what the
dictionary says about the word 'opinion' ...

Hmmm ... there are 5 inflected forms of opinion in my American Heritage
dictionary which is too much for me to type here.  One has to do with
personal opinion; one public opinion; one legal opinion ....
The thing I found interesting is under synonyms for the word 'opinion'.
They state the word 'view' as a synonym and it reads "differs principally in
that it stresses individuality of outlook as a determinant of the
conclusion".  There are others also ... sentiment, impression, feeling,
conviction, persuasion, judgment ....
All of these synonyms come out on this list in some form or another.

What's my point?  None really.  Just fascinated by the word 'opinion' all of
a sudden.

As far as Joni's music is concerned, I don't entirely dislike any of her
albums/cds (my little jury is still out on Travelogue).  I think there is
only one cut on Mingus that I like!  Who cares!  This list has its ins and
outs and that's what it's all about.  Kinda like the hokey pokey :-)

Best always,
Heather