>>This can hardly be an  accident, and it smacks of craftsmanship rather
than
miraculous genius to me.  Anyway, I hope I haven't killed this horse. Music
and poetry derive so much from math and logic.<<

interesting posts bob s...

i agree, music is math...great songwriting is both art & craft, inspiration
& perspiration...putting it all together into a structure that evokes
emotion, intellectual thought, physical movement ... choosing words that
tell a story while also rhyming naturally without sounding forced...this
takes great art & craft...somewhere in all of this process is where genius
(an overused word these days) emerges ... joni did it over & over & over
again & deserves to be credited with genius imho...