>>many popes have been criminals, and I don't care much for our current one. i
pray for him, but i wouldn't move a finger to further his cause. ditto
fundamentalists of any kind, including the notorious opus dei, so powerful and
so harmful in argentina and many
spanish speaking countries.<<

...and ESPECIALLY in Spain itself. The Pope recently beatified? canonised? the
founder of Opus Dei (Escriba?) as a step on the way to making him a saint.
Sorry for the lack of the precise words about what happened in Rome. Opus Dei
really has a strong influence on the present government here in Spain and in
public life in general, not to mention the universities.
mike