Thanks for sharing those lyrics from the Blue Songbook. I didn't even know this songbook existed.

I also have seen some different lyrics in the songbooks I have. One lyric that I can think of off the top of my head is from "I Don't Know Where I Stand".

From the Clouds album: All alone in California and talking to you.

From the JM Songbook vol.I: All alone in Carolina and talking to you.
My guess would be that Carolina is the original lyric, since the song was published in 1967 and Joni also spent time - in Fort Bragg, I think - performing for the soldiers during this period.

Mia