I was perusing the Blue songbook [which I had lost many years ago, but which
a fellow lister lent me recently - thanks, Janine :-) ], and I came across
this oddity:

In the middle of the book, where the lyrics are printed stand-alone, those
for All I Want are correct. However, in the sheet music itself, the following
differences appear (no doubt from an earlier version of the song) :

By the light, I want to get up and jump,
I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dump

replaced later by

Alive, alive, I want to get up and jive,
I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dive.

Do you want to take a chance
And maybe find in some sweet romance with me, baby

replaced later by

Do you want to take on cahnce
On maybe finding some sweet romance with me, baby

Cause applause

replaced later by

Applause, applause

Then we both get so unglued

later replace by

Then we both get so blue

The greed of the unraveling

later replaced by

The greed is the unravelling

Make you feel better

later replaced by

I want to make you feel better

And finally ther is a wanna later replaced by a want to.

Most of the above feel like typos, but the ones that are clearly not typos
suggest otherwise. My guess is that both types of differences are involved, s
ince there are numerous obvious typos elsewhere in the book, in both the
sheet music and the lyrics only sections.

Of course, in her "pnik dress BBC concert, the lyrics to All I Want were not
fully formed, and went through substantial later revisions.

By the way, in the sheet music section, "mantle of the moon" is printed
instead of "Mattala Moon", while the lyrics section shows "Mattala of Moon".

Finally, this songbook has some unusually interesting (color) photos of JM,
in an overgrown area surrounding a house (where ?). In one of them (she is
sitiing crosslegged, holding some fruit - oranges or tangerines - I detect
bags under her eyes - part of the price of blue. Also, the print of this book
is entirely in blue ink - pretty cool (only one I have ever seen that way).
Unfortunately, the arrangements are pretty mediocre - I would call them poor.

Bob S.