>Epiphanies anyone?

We I got HITS first of all after being intrigued by her art work and the
fact she had so many albums and I'd never heard of her!
I was captivated from the moment 'Urge for Going' started and loved all the
tracks apart from 'Come In From The Cold' which I now love btw. 'Big Yellow
Taxi' sounded farmiliar but on a whole all her music was new to me.

I then rushed out and got MISSES which was like jumping into the deep end!.
Out of the songs I liked straight away were 'For The Roses' and 'Harry's
House...' (still 2 of my faves). I then got THOSL which I played and
wrote-off straight away thinking she went mad or something! Then I got
'Blue' which I love(d) all the way through.

I refused to believe that 'Harry's House...' was the only good track on
THOSL so I went back to it and bit by bit it got through to me and since
then the album has only ever sounded divine. After that I eventually got
every Joni album!

So I guess it was THOSL that made me realise that her music grows and is
timeless.

Stephen Toogood

NP: 'My Own Private Riot' Thea Gilmore