We should print out his email and send it to her
management.....  :)

With a note saying, "Hey Joni, maybe the 'hits'
package wasn't such a bad deal after all.  Here's a
guy who 'found your door' and BOUGHT YOUR ENTIRE
FECKING CATALOG!  You can relax now.  Love, JMDL.  PS,
Leonard Feather of downbeat *LOVED* Mingus.  Get over
it, baby.  The water's fine and we love you."

Newbies.  Gotta LOVE IT!

Lama

PS, Translation for those new to Joni:  For decades
Joni flatly refused to put out a "Greatest Hits"
collection even though the record company executives
said they wanted one.  Loosely translated, and in
part, this means that the general public wanted one.
(HINT!  People who haven't bought anything from you
will buy your hits collection.  HINT!)

Her take, and she probably has some experience, is
that a hits package would "kill off the catalog".
That means that she feared that people would buy the
hits collection and never buy anything else.  That's
probably very true of some bands.  [A new thread?]

But the point is that Joni's quality is so impossibly
high that I will bet that lots of people are going,
"Wowser- maybe I'll spring for "Court & Spark" next."
Once they "get" (and I mean "appreciate") THOSL,
forget it.  They have to have the whole catalog.

Is there anyone who loves THOSL and decided to stop
buying her albums with just that one?  "He says
[Impossible] as he hands you a bone and something is
happening and ya don't know what it is; do you, Mister
Joan--s."

I guess every hits package has a shadow and it has
some source of light.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com