Okey-doke!

> 1a) When did first admit to yourself or realise that you were
> something other than straight?

I became seriously concerned when I was about 12 years old and found
myself in a kind of trance, heading toward kissing a photo Kate Jackson
(circa her "Dark Shadows" period) that I had cut out of "16" magazine.
And at age 18, in the Air Force, I wrote worried passages in my
journal.  (I came out at age 21 1/2.)

> 1b) When you look back before that time, when *should* you have
> realised, based on how you felt, or who you looked at, etc?

When I was 6 and was literally knocked on my ass on the playground by
Gail Something-or-other, also 6, because I tried to kiss her (facial)
cheek.  Somehow SHE knew and therefore told me that "girls aren't
supposed to kiss other girls," but I had missed out on that information.

Lori,
who later discovered how to be "cunnilinguistically" adventurous   ; P