"Sarah Cartwright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Totally agree on your praise for Howard's 'For Free' . I would recommend
>his rendition of 'Blue' aswell - that is really beautiful and is a real
>pleasure to play.

Who is Howard? Where can I hear his renditions?

My favorite piano rendition of "My Old Man" is by Fred Hersch on his
wonderful live solo album, Let Yourself Go. Highly recommended.

Speaking of recommendations, I guess the vestigial entrepreneur in me would
be disappointed if I didn't seize this opportunity to plug my own piano
renditions of Joni songs: Both Sides Now, For Free, and Michael From
Mountains, all available on my private release album Songs of My Youth, Vol.
1, which also includes songs by The Beatles, Dylan, Beethoven, and me. Some
folks on this list claim to enjoy it very much; anyone interested in copping
one please feel free to e-mail off-list.

-Fred Simon