All I know of Howard is he is one of the revered gurus of the
JMDL and writes beautiful piano arrangements and puts them on jmdl.com so
people can sneakily go on the internet at work and print them off  ( hint
hint, any more due soon?!!! : )

I have loved all of the recent discussion on Down To You, it being one of
my real joni favourites and a song which has the ability to make me cry
just by the sheer beauty of its' sounds, and the emotions it invokes in
me.

I experienced a very unique moment at the weekend when something somebody
said to me actually made me cry as it was so beautiful. It probably will
sound out of context here but I'll give it a try.  I was at a party and
 met an artist friend of my fathers who had painted a picture of  - in
basic terms - a scene of a lonely beach, no people just colours. I was
looking at it and he looked at me right into my eyes and said, " It's
somewhere between the sea and the sky, what you're looking for, isn't
it?"

I don't know why but it just really moved and inspired me and will stay
with me forever.

I know it's strictly not joni-related but most of her lyrics have similar
effects on me, as they do for most of you.

Ron - your post re. Down to You was incredible.

best wishes

sarah

NP Paula Cole. You Make Me Feel Love

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Joni songs on piano
>Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:06:02 EST > > >"Sarah Cartwright" writes: > >
>Totally agree on your praise for Howard's 'For Free' . I would recommend
> >his rendition of 'Blue' aswell - that is really beautiful and is a
real > >pleasure to play. > > >Who is Howard? Where can I hear his
renditions? > >My favorite piano rendition of "My Old Man" is by Fred
Hersch on his >wonderful live solo album, Let Yourself Go. Highly
recommended. > >Speaking of recommendations, I guess the vestigial
entrepreneur in me would >be disappointed if I didn't seize this
opportunity to plug my own piano >renditions of Joni songs: Both Sides
Now, For Free, and Michael From >Mountains, all available on my private
release album Songs of My Youth, Vol. >1, which also includes songs by
The Beatles, Dylan, Beethoven, and me. Some >folks on this list claim to
enjoy it very much; anyone interested in copping >one please feel free to
e-mail off-list. > >-Fred Simon

It's fast, it's easy and it's free! Click here to download MSN Messenger