In a message dated 1/30/2003 3:37:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> If anyone has had better luck, what songs do you find
> impress non-fans best?

I used SFS as well with a friend (on a sampler tape I made with other non-Joni songs),
she was so impressed she bought 4 or 5 Joni's in the next week. Matter of fact, that's
how I got Mingus...she bought it, didn't like it, gave it to me.

I used Amelia when my Dad & I were spinning tunes at the beach. Because he's a lyrics
nut like I am, he appreciated it greatly. Or maybe I should say that I'm a lyric nut
like he is, after all he was here first.

Anyway, the choice would vary according to the person...I would bet there's a Joni
song out there for just about everyone.

Bob

NP: Green On Red, "Easy Way Out"