> Ok, everyone, reveal your pets' names, and why.  Lets see how much
> more creative anyone was than Coco

Bob Muller, I know this is your very favorite subject!   ; )

Cats, from the beginning:

"PW" - gray tabby - had one white paw (the letters were reversed)

"Euphrates" - solid black - I was really into Seals & Crofts back in
their "Hummingbird" days

"BJ" - gray tabby - my roommate brought home a dog the very same day,
who she named "Bear," hence "BJ & the Bear" (anyone remember that show?)

"Drummer" - gray tabby - he would sit on his hind legs and "drum" with
his front paws

"Rebel" - solid gray - I couldn't name him "Yank" since he wasn't blue

"Chloe" - tortoise tabby - it was the only name she seemed to like

"Olive" - gray tabby (is there a trend here?) - her eyes were that
shade of green

Current cats:

"Fred" and "Ethyl" - Mertz (although they are brother and sister cats)

"Marbles" - Mary and I stopped at an antique shop in Plymouth NC one
day to see if they had any glass marbles for sale.  The shop had about
three dozen cats, many of them calico.  There was one who was a day shy
of 6 weeks old, and she was SO CUTE!  Turned out the shop didn't have
any glass marbles, but since that's why we'd stopped, on the way home
our new kitten was given that name.

The only dog I ever loved:

"Boozer" - probably a Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix - he was a stray
puppy who walked into the open door of my apartment the day after xmas
(I was living in Texas and it was warm), and I had no plans to keep
him.  I referred to him as "Bowser."  He and I went visiting some
friends of mine who are big drinkers.  They had a box of chocolate-
covered liqueurs on the coffee table, and the dog started nipping at
the box.  One of my friends said, "That dog's name isn't Bowser, it's
BOOZER!"  It stuck.

And you know there may be more ...

Lori,
who thinks Coco for Chanel is just fine