--- Lori Fye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
The best popup stopper I've found so far is "Pop-Up
> Stopper" (go
> figure) from Panicware, Inc.
> The free version can be found here:
> http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

Thanks for the tip, Lori. I HATE those damn popup ads.
Some websites are full of them.

While we're on this topic, can anyone solve this one,
because it has been driving me nuts for at least a
month!

My 12-yr-old son (bless his pointed little head) was
surfing the web and got to some porn sites. Somehow he
managed to download something so that if you
right-click your mouse when you're online (if you're
in IE for example), there's an added bar on the
right-click pop-up menu that says "free porn
galleries." If you click it, it will take you to a
porn site (not anymore, as I've barred the site, along
with any site with the word "hentai" in it - that's
Japanese porno cartoons, if you're wondering).

There was another one on the right-click menu that I
managed to find and get off my PC (with some
difficulty finding it), but this one totally eludes
me. It must be buried so deep somewhere. Even by doing
a search on any files that contain any or all of the
words "free" "porn" galleries", I still can't find it.
Has anyone ever run into this before and how do I get
rid of it, aside from smashing my computer? I've even
tried going through any *.exe files downloaded within
the last month or two to see if I can find it - no
luck.

=====
Catherine
Toronto