Well, yeah.  You're right.  She's not saying one thing clearly.  Exactly.
But no, I am sure that there is *NO* obvious answer that you're missing.
Again, you hit it squarely on the head.

Joni's not the queen of disco lyrics.  Here's a fill-in that she would never
write:
"Dance, dance, dance.
 Let's make some (__-_______)."
Hint: two syllables

That's clear but it also stinks.  It's trivial.

That's not what "A Case Of You" is about.  It's about confusion; it's about
having half a glass.  She perfectly and concisely conveys confusion so it's
not clear.

But that's also why, when confusion enters your life, you come back to "A
Case Of You" over and over and over.  I don't know about you, but I have
*TONS* of confusion in my life so I guess I need lyrics that capsulate that.
Embrace the confusion, grasshopper, for within it lies paradox.  Close
enough?

Taking the njc tag off the lyric thread,
Lama

ps, she's saying to herself that he's a table wine, not a fine wine.  Since
she's bright, smart, funny, enormously talented, gorgeous, and in her early
20s, he won't be around for long.  She's almost ready to tell him to kiss
off but as she reflects, she gets this song.  Okay, there.  Now I've ruined
it with clarity.

Ron in L.A. said,

Where I am really obtuse and/or the one line that I have always thought
off-putting is the refrain from ACOY. <edit> JM  says
she could drink a case of this guy and still not be hammered.  What gives?
He is weak?  He doesn't affect her even in large quantities?    Is it that
he
is so much like her -- she knows him so well  -- that he does not affect
her?
 Is she saying he is Lite Beer -- good riddance?  I am sure that there is
some obvious answer I am missing, but I am not above confessing ignorance,
at
least tonight, anyway.