Just to say years ago I knew someone who worked for Nimbus records in
Monmouth,  who were developing Cd's, of course you lose the "drag" of needle
on vinyl, but the biggest problem was the loss of depth of sound.  Around
that time I also spoke to someone about the amount of money some people spend
on sound systems, he was very clever, wrote for classical magazines about
accoustics, different sounds, variations between types of wood in string
instruments which he made himself.  He pointed out, that it doesn't matter
how much you spend on a system, if the room it's in is not right.  A good
room and a cheaper system can sound pretty good, makes sense!!   Bye Fred