The old wisdom in the days of 10-song, 5-per-side LPs was that if you have 5
good songs, you seed them 1,2,5,6,10 (George Martin said that, so it must be
true, except that of course he usually had more than 5 good songs).  That's
something that's changed with the advent of CDs, I'd imagine, though to what
I do not know.

Anyway, I was listening to the Pretenders' first album earlier today, and
found myself wondering if there has ever been a more badly sequenced album.
There are 12 songs on this wonderful album, among them 5 classics: Stop Your
Sobbing, Kid, Private Life, Brass In Pocket and Lovers Of Today.  Where do
they come on the record?  They are the first 5 songs on Side 2!!  What were
they thinking of??

Azeem in London