Laurent wrote:

>If none of the "victims" ever complained, and many say they're happy with
it,<

Just my 2 cents on the subject:

Laurent, I'm one of the "victims" and I've never complained, and looking
back, all in all I'm happy with my parents decision. I don't remember it
happening, so I can't remember the pain. I would not associate this procedure
with child abuse, but that's my opinion. I agree that it's unnecessary, and
if I had a son, I wouldn't have him circumcised.

This is American mentality, but my parents didn't have this done to me for
religious reasons. They had it done because it was the *normal* thing to do
(for the baby boomer generation especially).  I'm happy it was done, cause I
can still remember the psychological abuse that one or two boys received from
other kids in 7th grade phys-ed class. 12 year old boys can be mean, and I
think of how those 2 boys were terrorized just because they were *different*.
 Perhaps it's not a good reason to be happy, but when you're 12 you want to
"fit" in.

I don't think this is the case now days.  Many of my friends have chosen not
to have their sons circumcised, so hopefully the junior high locker room
teasing has stopped.

Jimmy (who's doctor accidentally used pinking shears, so I have a frilly
dilly :~) )