[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I also feel we should have a bill of rights for animals (even the most basic rights would improve life for so many of them), and a separate set of rights for prisoners, who are often badly abused in jail. The punishment for a crime should be the loss of liberty IMO, and not the thousand humiliations prisoners often suffer at the hands of prison staff and other inmates.

Sarah

yes i agree with this too. The way we treat prisoners debases us. Capital and corporal punishment debases us. The same with animals-factory farming etc. I do not include the eating of animals. I see nothing wrong with that. There is plenty wrong with the rearing and the way we kill them.