Ron wrote:

> and your cricket team is here. and they won their first match!!!!
> congratulations (mumble mumble we lost ours boo hoo)
>
> now whoda thunk canadians even knew cricket existed - let alone qualified
> for the world cup - yes america - take note- other nations, lots of them,
in
> fact only one team from each country -  take part in *this* world
> series..:-)

Interestingly enough, I actually know one of the members of Canada's World
Cup cricket squad (Ian Bilcliff) - he plays at my cricket club here in
Auckland.  I guess he was born there (there's no trace of an accent if he
was) or has Canadian ancestry.

I read an article recently on the team, and most of their squad is made up
of ex-pat Canadians.  I guess it's difficult to get any cohesion as a team,
when you only practice together once a year (if that), even if the practice
session does last a couple of weeks!

And it looks like NZ might rue their decision to boycott their game in
Kenya, after their pitiful loss to Sri Lanka yesterday (barring Styris'
wonderful century).  Embarrassing!  And who was the idiot who thought
sending the Sri Lankans in to bat first was a good idea?!

Hell - with apologies to the non-cricketing folk out there (but then I don't
have a penis, circumcised or otherwise, so what the hell!)
"To have great poets, there must be great
  audiences too." - Walt Whitman

Hell's Home Page - NEW & IMPROVED!
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hell/index.html