emily,

just a thought.  are you going to get cable tv?  does your cable provider
provide internet access?  it's not cheap, more in the $45 range (it's
actually $88/mo for cable and internet for me, up to four email addresses)
but for me, it meant no telephone landline.  (i'm now cell-only)  'twas my
happiest day in a long time when i called verizon and said "i'm sorry, your
services are no longer required".

the modem is free i think.  set-up was painless.  my cable provider in ny is
time/warner, you may have heard of them.  i think they're pretty protective
of their clients, i've gotten exactly ONE piece of spam in 15 months.

patrick, always happy to hear from emily and excited about mama-ness

np - radiohead, knives out -- one of my favourite bands paying tribute to
the smiths, another of my favourites.