In a message dated 2/17/2003 8:37:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> A 2001 release I just discovered is: Blind Boys of Alabama: The Spirit of the
>Century.

I've been on the verge of getting this one for awhile, Laurent. Thanks for pushing me
off the fence - I've only read GREAT things about it.

> Honorable mention to Chris Robinson, an american who recorded his 1st album in
>France.  Like a modern Nick
> Drake/Lennon/Ryan Adams.

I'm sure you know that Chris is/was the lead singer for Black Crowes, the modern day
band that does classic rock better than most 70's bands did it. Haven't heard his solo
record, I'll have to put it on the ol' radar screen. This time of year is usually
always a slow one for new releases so it is appropriate to go back and get the stuff I
missed.

Bob

NP: Tull, "Wind Up"

PS: Thanks for copying me on your post, Laurent...as I am Joni only I would not have
seen it otherwise, and I DO love to chat about music.