> > Honorable mention to Chris Robinson, an american who recorded his 1st
album in France.  Like a modern Nick
> > Drake/Lennon/Ryan Adams.
>
> I'm sure you know that Chris is/was the lead singer for Black Crowes, the
modern day band that does classic rock better than most 70's bands did it.

Gee, I'm so into music of my generation (same as yours) that I've actually
never heard the Black Crowes, although I knew of them. So no I didn't know
who Chris was.  Not as indispendable as the other 2 releases mentioned.
Have you heard the latest Blind Boys (without David Lindley, et al I think)?

Laurent